About Me

My photo
Just Chonda-Belle who loves her family, cake decorating, floral arrangements, coupon clipping, being an EMT, office manager, dieter (lifetime), daughter, an awesome Aunt (if I do say so myself)... Follow me along in my blessed, blissful life...

Friday, May 6, 2011

Ryan's Hay Bale Cake

(my version for Ryan)

As many of you know "my baby" Ryan is getting married next month (oh my gosh! *insert panic because I haven't started looking for an outfit**), the family on Shelly's side gave Ryan a Honey Do shower and I was asked to make his cake.

The cake was totally up to me.  Just whatever I thought would fit Ryan.  I had played around in my mind with a western themed idea, but I didn't want just any ordinary western.  Ryan wears the boots and fits the country part, but it doesn't ooze from him and I wasn't really happy with my idea.  So at the last minute, I googled "Hay bale cakes" and someone actually had a wedding cake made out of hay bales! And anyone who knows Ryan knows a hay bale is perfect oh and a John Deere tractor must be involved.

Here's the version I got the idea from:
So I thought I done pretty good.  I'm still in awe at some of the cakes people create.  I really wish I had the time, the space and funds to really play.  Sounds like I may need to lighten my "other things" to make room for cakes!!
Thanks to Jeanne (Ryan's soon to be mother in law) & Nana (Ryan's grandmother) for taking the picture of my version since I forgot to take pictures!

2 comments: